The Best Time to Learn a Language is Childhood
Benefits of Early Foreign Language Education
- Greater appreciation of and positive attitudes toward cultures and diversity
- Enhanced motivation to continue language study
- Higher linguistic proficiency in the long run
- Greater performance in all academic areas, including the child’s native language
- Increased creativity, memory and listening skills
- Deeper understanding of children’s own language and culture
Why Learn Spanish Today?
- Spanish is the second most used language in the world after English, with around 500 million speakers worldwide.
- After Mexico, the United States is the second largest Spanish-speaking nation in the world with over 50 million speakers (and rising).
- Illinois is the state with the fifth largest number of Spanish speakers in the United States.
- More than half of college students enrolled in foreign language classes in the United States enroll in Spanish (MLA Report 2013).
- More than 70% of high school students choose Spanish.
- The demand for professionals who speak Spanish in the United States is urgent, and professionals from all walks of life are learning Spanish.
- Many parents want their children to start learning Spanish before high school.
Read more about the benefits of being bilingual from the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.